Aquaponics is the combination of hydroponics (growing plants using water and liquid nutrients instead of soil) with aquaculture (raising aquatic life, like underwater plants, fish, shrimp, or snails) to produce healthy happy plants. This might sound like a whole lot of science and confusion, but it’s incredibly easy, especially with the AquaFarm Fish Tank from Back to the Roots. Now, lovers of animals and gardening can combine their passions to create an amazing fish tank display that uses the symbiotic relationship between underwater life and plants to produce delicious herbs and leafy greens that you can use in your kitchen.
Here’s how it works: Once you’ve set up your AquaFarm, use the included coupon to get your betta fish. The 3-gallon capacity is perfect for your new fish. Your fish will quickly begin producing ammonia-rich waste, waste that the beneficial bacteria (included in your AquaFarm kit) will convert into nitrates that will fertilize your plant. Nitrates are harmful to your fish, but your plants will constantly absorb them, providing clean safe water for your fish. It’s your very own ecosystem!
The AquaFarm kit includes everything you need to get started. You’ll only need to purchase your fish and any decorations you’d like to include in your tank. The AquaFarm includes:
- 3-gallon AquaFarm tank
- Grow lid
- Grow tray
- Starter air pump
- Flexible tube
- Rigid tube
- Plant pots
- Growstones for the plant pots (great for growing your beneficial bacteria)
- Multicolored gravel for the tank bottom
- 3-gram bag of premium fish food
- 1-ounce bottle of D-Klor all-natural dechlorinator
- 1-ounce bottle of Zym-Bac natural beneficial live bacteria
- Single dose of Tidy Tank natural water conditioner
- Single dose of Fish Prep natural preventative fish bath (treats new fish prior to introduction into tank to prevent disease transfer)
- Organic wheatgrass and basil seeds from Seeds of Change
- Betta fish coupon from Petco
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed